Villa Cambiaso is a historic residence registered as an Italian monumental property. The first documentation dates back to the 16th century, when the house, with a chapel inside, was owned by Ambrogio Ferrero.
In the 18th century, the Villa was owned by the Spinola family and, in 1796, Napoleon Bonaparte stayed there before the Battle of Montenotte.
In around 1800, ownership of the building passed to Paolo Vincenzo Agostino Colonna. The early 19th century saw the villa at the centre of events related to Pius VII’s imprisonment in Savona. It was the Pope himself who donated the fountain that still graces the entrance hall today. In 1842, the Villa passed from the Colonna family to the Cambiaso family.
Villa Cambiaso can be visited and is a location for weddings, conferences and events.